Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2013-4-9 Out to Sea on the Eurodam

This is the quietest room we have ever had at sea. We are deep down in the ship and not moving much, which is very nice. No problem with hearing the water splash around outside because we are in an inside cabin. It doesn’t bring to mind the great depth of the water underneath the ship which allows me to stay calm.

No elevator noise. No noise from the anchor going up and down. No noise from the gangway or the machine shop which was right next to our room on the Rotterdam.

The only problem with our room is that the bathrobe hooks are low on the bathroom door and I keep hitting them with my upper arm. Ouch!

The ship is beautiful. I can’t find any fault with it.

Weather is good and the sailing is smooth. We are still being helped by the staff at the Lido. Plenty of people on board with colds and a few coughs.  No reports of Norovirus yet.

The food is fantastic, as usual. I had a salad last night with a tasty vinaigrette dressing. The entrée was trout on top of spaghetti and squash. Sounds strange, but it was good. I had chocolate cake for dessert. I can feel that sea air shrinking my pants already.

I signed up for book club this morning. We are reading Pope Joan. Bill went to a computer class but didn’t learn what he wanted from it. He did learn how to make a collage with our snapshots so he showed me how to do it. After his computer class, he wandered out to the deck and fell asleep in a lounge chair. I spent the next hour looking for him which was good exercise. We met up for lunch in the Lido. 

I signed up for internet time. They had a special rate on the minutes. I got 550 minutes for $175. It was a bargain. I signed in but I put my room number in wrong. I am in 1012 but I put in 1020. So, my password wouldn’t work. The computer guy told me that all our problems on board the ship are caused by that old German doctor—Dr. Alzheimer.

Being on staff here must be a lot like being in a rest home. Once again, a few misguided younger people signed up for the cruise. They are probably in shock today.  The group is 99% old people, some very old. I counted 11 children in the Day Camp.

As always, the music is fabulous. People were dancing all over the ship tonight. We went to hear a comedian, Derrick Cameron. He was great. Then, we went to the BB King Blues Club on the second deck. There was also classical music on the piano and karaoke at the Piano Bar. There will be dancing at the disco later on.