Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2013-4-22 Barcelona 1

We had dinner with a couple who were the victims of a pickpocket in Pisa. It sounds like a joke but it is ruining their peace of mind. He had his wallet in his front pocket and thought it would be safe. They lost a couple of hundred dollars and some Euros. At least they didn’t lose their passports but they had to put a stop on all their credit cards. When they get home to Australia, they need to replace all their ID cards. This is the third such incident we have heard about on this trip.

We are going in to Barcelona on the shuttle tomorrow to see the Maritime Museum. I think we will be okay. Bill doesn’t carry his wallet and I keep everything locked in a tamper proof fanny pack around my waist.

We had some fun this morning. I tried out for Dancing With the Stars. I was one of four finalists in the Jive but got cut before the end. A fellow named Lee asked me to dance with him. Both of us have knee replacements and we just couldn’t keep up. It was fun, though.




After lunch, we went on a tour of Barcelona. Of course the buildings by Gaudi were the most impressive sights. For dinner, I found a tamarind. That’s the first time I have ever seen or tasted one. We each had an Asian plum that was pretty cool, too. It had a soft white center. The staff passed out dark chocolate cannoli for dessert. I think that’s how it’s spelled. I didn’t realize it was a dessert.