Thursday, February 16, 2012

2016-2-16 Rotterdam--Plague Ship, Part 2--Met man from BYU

We are back on lock down this morning. When we went up to the Lido deck for breakfast, everything was off-limits again. The crew has to hand us silverware, dishes, food, salt and pepper, etc. Here is the lead singer on the ship helping out with food service. 





We checked the laundry room on the way back and it was still open, so Bill gathered our dirty clothes and headed out. He got everything dried and was leaving when they came to lock it down. Some people had just put their clothes in the washer or dryer. The crew member took their room numbers and said they would collect the wet clothes from their rooms.

I went swimming at 7:30 a.m. and I had to ask a crew member for a towel as they are no longer out due to the Norovirus. We picked it up in either Corinto or Panama. The insidious thing about it is that when the vomiting and such goes away, the sufferer is still communicable for 48 hours. They are supposed to stay in their rooms during that time but I am sure that some don’t report it and continue to share.

We were in the pool for a short time yesterday but, apparently not short enough as Bill has a red head and pink shoulders. I wore my hair and a white T-shirt in the pool so I am not pink. Since I was also wearing my white socks, a woman asked me if I was doing my laundry.

I met a fellow in the pool who was standing in the deep end which is 6 feet deep. He said he played basketball for BYU and graduated in 1961. His last record was just broken by Jimmer Fredette. That record stood for over 50 years.

We are signed up to go to Trujillo, Peru tomorrow (Thursday, Feb 16) and then to Lima on Friday and Saturday. We will still be in Lima on Sunday but will take the day off.

We have big plans to see archeological digs tomorrow. It should be a long, tiring day but I hope it will be fun. We are going with the Cruise Critic group again. I think we will give the wine to the fellow who planned this trip for us.