Friday, February 3, 2012

2012-2-3 Pat and Mark

Pat and Mark met us at the pier yesterday and took me to the local Target. Then we went to visit their new stomping grounds in the Old Town area of San Diego. They will be serving a mission at the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center. We met their new co-workers and talked about their new duties. They will have to dress in period costumes and introduce the show. This ought to be a cinch for Pat as she taught drama in Coeur D’ Alene for 39 years. 

Here they are dressed up like it was 1846!



The presentation has been updated with talking pictures ala Harry Potter. Mark had a great grandfather who was in the battalion and we saw him depicted in the movie segment. They move the visitors from room to room and explain the long march from Iowa to San Diego where the battalion helped build the city. 

Bill has a cold. He stayed at the Holiday Inn and updated the computer for viruses and so on. That’s unintentionally funny since he has a virus. It’s a good thing he stayed away from Pat and Mark as he really feels crummy this morning. 

I found out that my Facebook account was used by someone in Miami so I needed to change my password again. I must be prone to problems as this has happened more than once. I hope no one got any strange messages from me. 

We talked to some of our family and friends yesterday on the phone. We found out that our daughter handled a problem for us in our absence. Thank you, Honey! We found out that our friend’s son died mysteriously. I called her and we had a nice chat. So sad. 

We are off on another great adventure today. We will be in Cabo San Lucas tomorrow. It is one of only two tender ports and I doubt that we will leave the ship. Bill just doesn’t feel up to it. It’s so odd to look around and not see our friends from the last segment. We miss them all.