Monday, December 7, 2015

2015-12-7 If this is Monday, it must be Cadiz

Actually, it’s Pearl Harbor Day in the U.S. but I suspect most people don’t remember it.  It’s an important day in our family history because my parents got engaged the next day, Dec 8. They were living in Washington, DC and my dad was in the Army Reserves. They were sure he would be called to active duty and they were right.

Today we went rolled into Cadiz with our friends, Don and Sandie from Tennessee. We had a goal to visit the big cathedral that we could see from the Lido deck on the ship. We heard there was a big outdoor market. It’s true but it turned out to be closed on Monday. However, we saw some cool places and I ended up shopping for a few things.

It was cool again today and I needed a neck scarf. I could have brought one but I really did not believe it would be cold enough. I think I am cold because I am on the scooter. Walking keeps the blood pumping. So I bought one that goes with the pink jacket I bought on board the ship. Three of us bought the same pink jacket and say that we belong to the Pink Ladies Club. There is a lot of Moorish influence in Cadiz so I choose a wall of tile and posed in front of it wearing my new scarf.




I also bought some earrings for my granddaughter and a necklace for myself. Bill says this picture looks like an angry ISIS caricature.




Here is a beautiful square just a short distance from the ship in Cadiz. 


This is monument that I could see from the ship.





There are some pretty cool bridges everywhere in the world except the U.S.



A nice fountain near the dock. 




They really have some strange art here. I think this is part of an intestine. 



This is one of the interesting cornerstones.