Wednesday, December 2, 2015

2015-12-2 Letters of Commendation

Bill and I both wrote letters expressing our gratitude to the crew members who have been so kind to us on this voyage. Here is Bill’s letter:

I am grateful for the friendly service you provide in the Lido through the following members of your staff:

·         Sonia
·         Edi
·         Feri
·         Herlina
·         Maria
·         Rumi

They have been very kind to my wife and me. We use mobility scooters to move around the ship. These members of your staff have consistently found places for us to eat where we do not obstruct other passengers. If our favorite places are taken, they seat us and then park our scooters nearby where they are out of the way.

They always greet us with smiles and stand close by so they can carry our plates of food to the tables.
When we first came aboard at Ft. Lauderdale, we had fun trying to learn their names. When we learned what “Made” meant in Balanese (second child), I teased them because I am a second child by adding “Made” to my name tag. Now, they greet me as “Made” Bill which sets a cheerful tone to all our meals.

A few days ago, I told Rumi how much his attention meant to me. He always greets me with a big smile and a wave, stays close by as I pick my meal choices, and braces my chair while I transition from my scooter. He leaned over and told me that it was his job. I want you to know that his kind of service goes far beyond just doing his job. I look forward to each meal because I know he will be there to ensure that I have a pleasant dining experience.

The friendly, cheerful tone that these members of your staff set in the Ledo has made this cruise our favorite of all our trips on Holland America.

I wrote a letter, also, but mine was directed at the Culinary crew. I mentioned Chef Udo’s themed lunches, Bill’s lunchtime pasta as prepared by the Maestro and the Mexican buffet.