Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012-1-18 Crossing the Equator

King Neptune came aboard this morning and rounded up all the crew who were “pollywogs” (people who had never crossed the equator). They were all hazed in various gentle ways.






Here is a mermaid watching the trial.





The polywogs (all crew members) were placed in a rope cage and buckets of water were thrown at them by the pirates. The charges against them were read. In the case of the cooks, they were accused of adding extra calories to the food. 





They were covered with some kind of colored slime and either allowed to go in the pool to wash off or forced to sit and bake in the sun. The captain of the ship decided who got which punishment. 



Then, King Neptune told them they could be released if they would “Kiss the Fish”. Afterwards, we all lined up to kiss it, too. Bill wasn’t interested but I did it. 










We were having a little gale which didn’t amount to much but was rocking the ship. Today, I went to another class on Windows Live Photo Gallery and I learned a lot. I learned how to make a panoramic photo so I will probably post one sometime. 

Here is a picture of Bill holding a place in line for the computer class. 



Here is the room where the classes were held. 



I started a new book today called The Hidden Reality-- Parallel Universes. It’s by Brian Greene, the same man who wrote The Elegant Universe. I really love this stuff. I believe that one or more of these scientists’ conclusions are correct.