Monday, September 11, 2017

2017-9-10 Utah Man Murders Wife on Cruise to Alaska!

Sadly, that actually happened a few months ago and we read about it in the papers in Utah. This case is a little different. Here is what happened:

Bill got up at 3:30 a.m. to use the bathroom. To do that, he had to turn off his CPAP machine and then unplug his scooter from the battery charger. Rather than unplug them both, he just turned off the power strip. About 15 minutes later, he realized that when he turned off the power strip, he had accidentally turned off my CPAP, too! He was suddenly certain that he had killed me in my sleep! My CPAP was also plugged into the same power strip. 





He got all kinds of upset. He feared that I was in such a deep coma due to taking Ambien that I didn’t even wake up but just suffocated quietly! After he turned the strip back on, he listened to see if I was still breathing. He doesn’t hear well especially over the sounds of the ship, so he couldn’t tell. 

He crawled over to me and held his hand over my face to see if I was expelling any air. I was, so he relaxed a little. Then, he started to worry that he had shaved ten points off my I.Q. (He said the first test would be to see if I could remember my passwords to sign in to the computer.)

I was really was struggling to breathe while he told me this story because I was laughing so hard. It was the best belly laugh I have had in a while. Poor guy. I did wake up enough to notice that the CPAP was off but I thought the ship had some kind of power failure. (We were on a ship once that had them frequently.) I fell back to sleep while I was still thinking about it and a few minutes later, the CPAP came back on.

I actually slept pretty well last night. We need to get going and get off the ship but, since we are driving, we are not in as much of a hurry as most people. We are planning to see a few sights in Seattle before we leave but the Space Needle doesn't open until 9. I want to see the Chihuly Gardens, too.