Friday, August 25, 2017

August, 2017--Zion's National Park

I haven't written in this blog for so long that I forgot I had it. I never thought we would travel again after we had a very bad year in 2016. But, Bill insisted that I buy a cruise to Alaska. When we traveled before, Bill was handicapped but I was doing pretty well. Now we both have mobility problems.

Last week we went to Zion National Park as a trial run to see if we could actually make a long trip in our advanced state of decay. We were all set to see the eclipse in Idaho but canceled at the last minute. I did get one good eclipse pic of the leaves in front of the house but that was it. You can see that the eclipse filtered through the leaves on the tree looks like crescent shapes.





We went to Zion because it is only a five hour trip. We had a wonderful time but there was really only one non-driving activity we could do and that we the Riverwalk. There were people from all over the world speaking different languages and enjoying the walk with their families.









This area was level so we were able to see it in our mobility chairs.

Each night we went to the Switchback Grille where they catered to Bill's need for low sodium meals. We loved the Zapotec rugs that were hung on the walls and from the rafters.