Monday, June 14, 2010

2010-6-14 Two Week Alaska Cruise

We chose this cruise because it stopped in Kodiak, AK where Bill was stationed in the Navy in the early 60's. He still has his Kodiak Communications Station Patch. He wears it on one of his jackets. There is no longer a Navy station there. Now it's a Coast Guard Station and we were not allowed to see it.




We flew to Seattle on Southwest Airlines. Our fare was $193.40 apiece. The cruise was $1703.96 apiece for the complete price. We booked through Expedia. I believe people are always interested in seeing what things used to cost. 

Bill took this picture of me on Inside Passage on the way to Alaska. 




We followed the Inside Passage until we reached Ketchikan, Alaska where we docked. 



We docked in Ketchikan near the old Red Light District. 







We stayed in Ketchikan all day and took a tour from a local vendor.




I know we attended the Lumberjack show here but all my photos are missing except this one. 




All the equipment used in the Great Alaskan Lumberjack show is behind me in the picture. 







If I find any more of the pictures I took I will post them.